12909 SW 68th Parkway,
Lawry | de Freitas Wealth Management was created with a vision of an independent, relationship based, advice driven practice. The combination of being independent as well as focusing on growing and deepening our client relationships allows us to be the trusted resource our clients turn to as life progresses. Below is the evolution of our story.
• January – The Lawry | de Freitas Team hosts a welcome event at Long Shadow's Winery for Kurt Wanner's former clientele.
• December – Documents are signed and finalized with Kurt Wanner for transitioning his business.
• November – Jon and Nick fly to Seattle to meet Kurt Wanner in person & begin due dilligence process.
• October – Kurt Wanner selects the Lawry | de Freitas Team as successors.
• February - April – Hart Financial clientele is transitioned.
• December – Documents are signed and finalized with Hart Financial for transitioning his business.
• October – Hart Financial selects the Lawry | de Freitas Team as successors.
• February – Jon and Nick finalized paperwork at the bank to be the successors for Rex Brenton/Karen Curry and Michael Binns.
• December – The Lawry | de Freitas Team meets with Rex Brenton and Karen Curry to sign documents and strategize for a smooth client transition.
• November – Lawry | de Freitas Team signs documents with Mike Binns.
• July – Jon Lawry obtains his CFP certification.
• June – October – Lawry | de Freitas team submits buyer profile with Succession Resource Group (SRG) to be the successors for Rex Brenton and Karen Curry.
• May – Jon and Nick finalize agreement with Platika Financial’s clientele.
• October – Lawry | de Freitas finalizes transition for TMB Financial clientele.
• January – Teresa Brown and Lawry | de Freitas Wealth Management begin the negotiation process to be the successors for TMB Financial.
• February - Metlife announces their plan to sell advisors to Mass Mutual. Jon and Nick begin the process of interviewing broker-dealers to remain objective in the advice they give to their clients.
• April - Lawry | de Freitas Wealth Management, LLC is created with Securities America Inc. as their independent broker-dealer.
• August - Lawry | de Freitas hire Virginia Kiser (Rice) as their assistant.
• November – Jon and Nick combine their practices and begin the official team of Lawry | de Freitas at MetLife.
• February – Nick begins his career with New England Financial (NEF). • October – Nick and Jon’s NEF office merges with the MetLife Financial Planning Division in Lake Oswego.